Alternative PostgreSQL plugin for munin — Part 4
No longer "alpha"
After running the graphs for some time, I am happy with the result, and they have replaced most of the old Postgres graphs at work.
Changes since v1.0.0a2
- Added "transaction age" to query ages.
- This value was simply missing.
- Disabled value scaling
- This affects how values are displayed and causes less fractional values.
- Added POD-Style documentation
- Munin graphs require POD documentation. It is readable with munin-doc.
- Graph Labels/Info
- Improved the labels and info fields of graphs.
- The graph is not auto-detectable with autoconf.
- Moved to postgresql category
- The former category was used for testing to keep the graphs better apart. Now that they are production-ready, this is no longer needed.
- Transaction Stats
- Added graph of committed/rolled-back transactions.
- Fixed counters for query-ages
- The value sometimes came out as NaN. This is now properly reported as 0.
- Added a breakdown of DB sizes
Opening the DB-Sizes graphs will now show a more detailed view, containing separate sizes for "main data", "indexes", "free-space-map", "visibility map" and "TOAST tables".
The values here usually sum up to less than the raw DB-size value. The DB-size value counts the on-disk size of the database folder. This may contain other/temporary files. In extreme cases (catastrophic server failure), the temporary files may not get cleaned up. This should become visible in this graph.
- Row Access is now stacked
- This should make the graph more readable.
- Added default warning/crtitical values for QueryAges
- The default warning is 1 hour, the critical limit is set to 12 hours.
- Removed IDLE connections from query ages
- This blew up the graph in case an application kept an open connection without active work.